Thursday, July 29, 2010

GPS use is a vicious cycle


I was doing a bit of traveling recently. I drove my truck from Florida to California and back again with several stops along the way. I used my Garmin to find everything. I have some problems with it though. First of all, her condescending tone pissed me off. Then the way she would make me drive through the middle of these stupid towns instead of just staying on the highway. I don't know why I had to drive through the middle of Mobile. They should have a feature that lets you avoid crack neighborhoods. One that also avoids St. Louis would be nice. I have nothing against St. Louis but my Garmin sends me down these fucked up highways that don't exist. Everytime she said "recalculating" I wanted to throw her out the window. Rest stops should just pop up when you pull off into one. Then, once I got to Sacramento she couldn't find anything. Ditto Las Vegas. put in an address she was fine, but ask for Taco Bell and she takes you to a warehouse. Anyhow, gonna use maps along with Garmin next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment